Sunday, August 22, 2010

POTTY TIME?

Just thought I would post this because I was so excited! For the past couple of months, Alex and I have been reading POTTY books to Emerson, taking him to the POTTY with us and let him FLUSH the toilet (the words in caps are words he says). On Saturday afternoon, I was cleaning the dishes and Emerson yells "PEE PEE, POTTY" and runs to the bathroom. With a desperate look on his face, he asks for HELP to open the door. I was in complete shock, since he really hasn't been all that interested and we haven't been pushing the subject. After opening the door, Emerson walks over to the toilet, lifts the lid and pulls up his shirt(all to my amazement!) and tries to sit on the POTTY! I helped him up and he looked down in the toilet and said PEE PEE!

After a couple of tries, we never actually went PEE PEE so I helped him get his diaper back on, he shut the lid and flushed the toilet.

I am so proud of that moment, so today Me and his Aunt Ashley helped him pick out his first training toilet seat. It is a big green turtle. Let's see what happens! :)

No comments: