Wednesday, April 29, 2009

FIRST FOODS

I can't believe we are at a new stage with Emerson....FOOD....well I guess we should call them SOLIDS. I was a little nervous at first, but I think I am starting to get the hang of it.

We have decided to try and make our own baby food. I am making batches of baby food and storing them in ice cube container trays in the freezer. Apparently, they are good for up to 8 weeks. :) So far, it has been a piece of cake.

Last week, we started feeding Emerson once a day for 3 days avocado/rice cereal/water. Needless to say, he was not a fan of it or maybe in was the spoon that he did not like. So, I decided to change the water to breastmilk and we got a yucky face switched to a "gimme that spoon NOW" face.

One of the difficulties we have had during feedings is keeping his attention on the task at hand. So, I read an article about how to fix this problem and it WORKED! Now when I have Emerson in his chair, I open my mouth and show him how to chew. He loves it and responds by doing the same with any occasional laugh. I also play the "airplane" game with him where he laughed so hard that he spit food at me. :) :(


He has also been enjoying sweet potatoes/rice cereal/breast milk and bananas. He loves both of them. In fact, when we feed him bananas for breakfast, he tries to grab the banana out of my hand. :) I will post some pictures of all of these God-given moments very soon. We are leaving for our family vacation to Washington DC and Boston tomorrow morning. :) He will be trying apples and pears on the trip and I will let you know how that goes.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

First foods are so fun aren't they??? You look great and Emerson is getting so big.