Sunday, April 5, 2009

Its Been A While - Emerson @ 6 Months

Sorry it has taken us so long to send an update. Having a child definitely changes things. I never realized how much time I used to have. Honestly, I love the way I get to spend my time now. Over the past 4 months, Emerson has grown so much and accomplished so many firsts.

1. He had his first plane trip to Dallas over Christmas and we (Mommy and Emerson) made it safe and sound to Dallas all in one piece. Emerson had a great flight. :)

2. He started rolling over right after Christmas and is on his way to crawling. Not yet though. He is getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth. It always ends with a SPLAT!

3. He got to experience his first boat ride with our friends, Laura and Derek, at the Lakehouse last weekend (March 30, 2008). He looks so cute in the infant life jacket they let us borrow. He is also talking a lot. In fact, he says "dadadadadadadad" all the time. Everytime I try and get him to say "mama" is just laughs at me. Hmmmmm?

4. We spent Emerson's FIRST Easter with cousin Jace, Aunt Karla, Uncle Josh, Mema, Grandpa this year in Marble Falls and celebrated cousin Jace's FIRST birthday at his monkey party. I can't wait to plan Emerson's. Maybe I should be working on it now? On the way home, Emerson made us pull over and take his FIRST bluebonnet pictures in Chappell Hill. If you haven't made it out for bluebonnet pictures yet, that is the place to go.

5. Lastly, he is beginning to crawl backwards and roll at the same time. With all this movement, he is able to make it clear across the room. With this being said, I can see that my freedom around the house is about to be very limited in this next coming month.

NEWSFLASH!!!!

Be on the look out for Emerson's 6 month pics. We just got them done on Monday. Our photographer is amazing and lives in Pearland. www.studiobloomphoto.com.

April 26, 2009: Emerson's Baby Dedication @ Second Baptist Church in Pearland
Time: 9:45AM

We cherish each of these moments and feel truly blessed.

No comments: